Lighter Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo that uses no-yolk noodles with no cholesterol and low calorie cheese wedges for healthy, rich and creamy yumminess
“Pasta doesn’t make you fat…how much pasta you eat makes you fat” wonderfully said by Giada De Laurentiis. And really that can be said about any food out there that people are so afraid to eat! But, you won’t be afraid to try this Lighter Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo once you hear it’s made with lightened up noodles and and lightened up sauce!
I get it, sometimes we just can’t eat pasta though. Sometimes there are ingredients in our favorite foods that our bodies just don’t accept. So for those with gluten sensitivity, gluten-free pasta saves the day. And for those watching their cholesterol or prefer not to consume the yolk in eggs, you can try no-yolk noodles.
I devoured one of the small bowls of the noodles immediately after shooting the images. And then I though, what would the texture be like if I baked it? So, I threw on the cheese on top of a baking dish for a delicious experiment. I scored my baking experiment how remarks! I mean, c’mon, wouldn’t you?
For more pasta recipes:
- Shrimp Broccoli Pasta Alfredo
- Cauliflower Alfredo
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- Cheese Stuffed Shells
If you’ve tried this feel good Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Lighter Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo
- 12 oz No Yolks Egg Noodles Broad
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 chicken breasts grilled or pan fried/cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella optional for baking
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, under cooking by 3 minutes. Drain and reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid. Transfer cooked noodles to an 8x12 baking dish
- Steam broccoli for 3-4 minutes and add to the baking dish with the cooked noodles.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and cook garlic until fragrant. Whisk in pasta water, cheese wedges, Italian seasoning & nutmeg until well blended. Transfer the sauce to the baking dish.
- Add the cooked chicken to the baking dish and stir all the ingredients gently.
- You can enjoy as is, or if you’d like to bake it, top the baking dish with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.