This Skinny Shrimp Broccoli Pasta Alfredo is a simple pasta recipe with a delicious light and creamy sauce that you can whip up easily on busy weeknights.
Greek yogurt is a staple in my house. So, I use it instead of sour cream in Tex Mex recipes like my Chicken Burrito Bowl and in place of vegetable oil in baking recipes. I use it instead of ricotta cheese in lasagna recipes; and I even use it is my pasta recipes to thicken the sauce and give it a light and creamy texture like I did with this Shrimp Broccoli Pasta Alfredo.
Why I love this Shrimp Broccoli Pasta Alfredo
- Low carb rotini.
- Garlicky pan-seared shrimp.
- And Crunchy heart healthy broccoli.
All coming together in a light and creamy sauce that will rival its calorie-dense counterpart! This shrimp broccoli pasta Alfredo is lightened up with vegetable broth but has elements of creaminess from the non fat plain greek yogurt and that toss of cheese in the end.
Greek Yogurt is an Alfredo game changer. And you need to experience it to know it!
For more pasta recipes:
- Chicken Broccoli Pasta Alfredo
- Cauliflower Alfredo
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Lemon Ricotta Pasta
- Cheese Stuffed Shells
If you’ve tried this feel good Shrimp Broccoli Pasta Alfredo recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Skinny Shrimp Broccoli Pasta Alfredo
- 8 oz gluten-free rotini
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp peeled/deveined with tail removed, seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water before draining and set aside and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil
- Steam the broccoli, and toss with the cooked pasta
- In a large pan, heat another 1 tbsp olive oil, add shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until shrimp turns opaque and is fully cooked; toss with the cooked pasta and broccoli
- In the same pan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil, add garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add flour, then whisk to combine and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Slowly whisk in vegetable broth, then Greek yogurt, salt and pepper, then let the sauce simmer until thickened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over pasta mixture and stir well. Add as much reserved pasta water for the desired sauce thickness and then sprinkle the parmesan cheese.