I’m obsessed with quinoa. It’s naturally gluten-free, it’s packed with protein and it has twice as much fiber as most other grains! See why I’m so keen to quinoa?! I love cooking a big batch of quinoa every week and just tossing it in salads, eating it along with chicken instead of rice, etc. And sometimes if I have some leftover, I just turn them into breadsticks like these Quinoa Crust Cheesy Breadsticks.
How to make quinoa crust
If you have the quinoa already cooked, all you need to do is whisk two eggs with olive oil, Italian seasoning (or seasoning of your choice), along with onion powder, garlic powder and baking powder. The onion powder and garlic powder give it that savory taste of breadsticks and the baking powder helps it fluff up.
Then you’ll just add the cooked quinoa and cheese and mix it all up really well. You can shape it however you’d like – round, oval, or even individual garlic bread style. Once the quinoa crust cooks in the oven and becomes golden and crisp, you can really top it however you’d like…cheese, pizza sauce, chicken and veggies…whatever your heart’s desire!
This Quinoa Crust Cheesy Breadsticks makes a batch big enough for a party of 8 if everyone has a couple pieces. It’s surprisingly a real crowd pleaser and no one will believe it’s made with quinoa!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Quinoa Crust Breadsticks recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Easy quinoa recipes:
Quinoa Crust Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan & mozzarella cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs, olive oil, Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, baking powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked quinoa and mozzarella cheese to the egg mixture and mix well with a spoon until everything is well blended.
- Spread the quinoa dough into a ¼ inch, even layer on the parchment paper into desired shape.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until it becomes golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with shredded cheese and bake for additional 5 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Enjoy immediately, and serve with marinara or any sauce of choice.