This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Avocado Mango Salad is a fast and refreshing salad recipe full of flavor and taste. This savory mango salad combines the flavors of cumin, chili powder, and honey with ease that leaves you wanting just “one more bite”. Use this simple avocado & mango salad as a main entree, or a healthy salad snack throughout the day!
Two of my favorite flavors just so happen to be fresh mango and ripe avocado. Combined, this salad is crazy good. The texture is unlike anything you’ve ever had in a salad. Your first bite will have your mouth thinking that you’re eating a fruit salad, but once the avocado and spices hit, you’ll second guess that and think that you’re eating Thai salad instead. Either way, get ready for what’s certain to be one of your new favorite salads!
why you’ll love this Mango Salad Recipe
- No cooking required!
- Fast and easy to make – literally within minutes!
- Simple to prep and eat as leftovers or even as a salsa.
Ingredients to make Avocado Mango Salad
- Mangoes: Ripe but firm mangoes are key for making this salad taste amazing.
- Avocados: Find avocados that are ripe as well so that the texture is firm, but not too firm.
- Red onion: If you can use a sweet red onion, you’ll be very happy with the results, but you can also use green onions or shallots.
- Cilantro: The flavor of fresh cilantro is really great with the mango and avocado.
- Dressing: This is a combination of olive oil, lime juice (which also helps to reduce the avocado oxidizing) along with honey, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
How to make a mango salad
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl large enough to fit the mango and avocados.
- Whisk it all together until it’s emulsified – it will be lighter and well combined.
- Chop up the avocado, mango, onions, and cilantro and add to a bowl on top of the dressing.
- Use a spoon to gently combine the mango salad ingredients together until coated.
Tips for making Savory Mango Salad
- Make it all in one bowl. By whisking the salad dressing together in a large bowl, it creates less messy dishes in the kitchen. Then you can toss everything in the large bowl and clean up the edges before serving.
- Don’t skimp on the lime juice. The lime juice (or even lemon juice) is important as it will keep the mango and avocado from changing color.
- Put the salad in the fridge to chill. I’m all about temperatures and food and I think that chilling this in the fridge for 30 minutes beforehand allows the flavors to really stand out.
- Make the mango bite size. Don’t cut the mango up into too big of pieces. You want each bite to have a balance to get all the flavors.
what to pair with your Thai Mango Salad
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Coleslaw
- Oven Baked Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Honey Lemon Salmon
- Salmon Burgers
best way to store Salad with Mango
To keep this simple mango salad as fresh as possible for as long as possible, it needs to be stored in the fridge. Add any leftovers to a container with a lid and keep it sealed nice and tight.
how long will Mango salad last in the fridge?
Since you’re using such fresh ingredients, any leftovers of this avocado mango salad should be eaten within 2 days.
Frequently asked questions
Some people eat them but for this salad, you need to clean and wash the mango, then peel off the outer layer of skin before cubing it and adding it to the salad.
If you’re looking at a mango, look for ones that are yellow in color. You will also then want to give them a squeeze test. Ripe mangoes should be a bit soft when you gently squeeze on them.
Darker-colored avocadoes mean that they’re ripe. The squeeze test is also a good indicator to determine if an avocado is ripe as well. There should be a little bit of give to the avocado. However, if it’s super squishy, it’s past its prime and you need to find another.
This simple summer salad recipe is one that you’re going to love. It’s delicious to eat on its own or pair it up with your favorite chicken or fish entree as well! You can also eat it as a salsa with chips or crackers.
- Quinoa Avocado Salad
- Lebanese Tabbouleh Salad
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Classic Greek Salad
- Classic Caesar Salad
If you try this healthy-ish feel good Avocado Mango Salad recipe or any other recipe on Feel Good Foodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave a comment below! It helps others who are thinking of making the recipe. We would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots, share it on Instagram so we can repost on Stories!
Avocado Mango Salad
For the Dressing
For the Salad
- 2 mangoes chopped
- 2 avocados chopped
- 2 tablespoons small diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper until well combined and emulsified.
- Add the mango, avocado, onions and cilantro on top and toss to combine evenly. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.