Easy One Pot Ravioli Soup
I know the calendar technically says March 20, first day of spring. But with more than a foot of accumulated snow outside in Massachusetts, I’m really not feeling those spring vibes yet! So I’m still in the winter recipe mode mantra and this Easy One Pot Ravioli Soup is all the feels RN! Have you guys seen food bloggers making Lasagna Soup? It’s something that started trending a couple years ago and you basically take your favorite lasagna recipe and turn it into soup form. I pretty much did the same thing here but with Ravioli. This is a meat-lovers ravioli with lean ground beef, onions, garlic, fresh herbs and the cutest mini one-bite Raviolis that are perfect for little children. My kids were a little confused when they saw their favorite ravioli in soup form, but it tasted the same to them, so they gobbled it all up! We did too…not gonna lie!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp mixed fresh herbs, including basil, thyme and oregano
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper, or to taste (optional)
- 4 oz tbsp tomato paste
- 2 large vine-riped tomatoes, chopped
- 3-4 cups water or vegetable broth
- 8 oz mini Ravioli (I found these at Trader Joe’s)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Sliced green onions, for serving
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the ground beef with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks with a wooden spoon for 4-5 minutes
- Add the chopped onions and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions soften and become fragrant.
- Add the fresh herbs season with salt and crushed red pepper, if you desire; then add the tomato paste, diced tomatoes, and water or vegetable broth and mix well.
- Bring to a gentle boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the ravioli and cook for the amount of time on package instructions; mine was 8-10 minutes.
- Serve with grated Parmesan and green onions, if you desire.