This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If there was one dinner salad that I love to have often, it’s this Pan-Fried Parmesan Chicken Salad! I don’t always use the Parmesan on the chicken, and I vary the spices on the chicken and sometimes add more vegetables to the salad.
But essentially, when I’m in a rush, it’s lettuce, tomatoes and pan-fried chicken, with olive oil, lemon juice and garlic for the dressing. I’m no fan of dried-out chicken, which is very common with chicken breast if its not cooked properly.
So I’ve learned from trial and error, that the best way to get juicy chicken breast is to cook it quickly and using high heat. This is the same idea when baking chicken, by the way.
For more salads:
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Parmesan Chicken Salad recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Parmesan Chicken Salad
- 3 cups red leaf lettuce chopped
- 1 vine-ripened tomato chopped
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt/pepper to taste
Pan-Fried Parmesan Chicken
- 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp olive oil
- In a large salad bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes and grated Parmesan cheese.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the ingredients of the dressing, then drizzle on top of the prepared salad bowl
- To prepare the chicken, use a small skillet (since it’s only for 1 chicken breast). Add seasoning and Parmesan cheese to the chicken on both sides and season with salt/pepper to taste.
- Heat the olive olive oil, and then place the chicken on the skillet. Cook on medium heat until the chicken is no longer pink and the juice run clear. This should take 8-12 minutes, and you can turn the chicken occasionally to ensure even browning on both sides.
- Cut the chicken into cube pieces and add to the top of the prepared salad.
- Enjoy immediately.