This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This homemade sheet pan pizza recipe is so quick and easy to make, and is perfect for a Friday night in. Made with a my vegan pizza dough, and topped with fresh ingredients, everyone will love this family favorite deep dish style pizza recipe.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Pizza dough: I used my pizza dough for this recipe which is super quick and easy to make, but you can use a store bought dough if you prefer.
- Olive oil: Oil is needed to stop the pizza dough from sticking to the sheet pan, and also to keep the dough nice and moist and get that crispy crust. I find that olive oil works best for this.
- Pizza sauce: Use your favorite store bought pizza sauce, I like to use a sugar free one.
- Mozzarella Cheese: For that gooey melted topping. I like to use shredded so that I can get an even coverage.
- Toppings: Cherry tomatoes and basil and anything else you’d like.
How to make sheet pan pizza
- Place the pizza dough into an oiled sheet pan and drizzle over the olive oil.
- Spread the sauce on top, leaving the edges bare so that the sauce doesn’t drip over.
- Add the cheese, tomatoes and chopped basil and any other toppings you’d like.
- Bake until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Top with fresh basil and crushed red pepper flakes to serve.
Tips for making homemade pizza
- Rotate the pizza halfway through cooking. This is not necessary, but it really helps to make sure all the edges are equally golden brown.
- Make your own pizza dough. My recipe is naturally vegan, easy to make and takes this sheet pan pizza to another level.
- Use mozzarella cheese from the block. Pre-grated cheese has preservatives like potato starch that helps to keep the shredded cheese from clumping together. But this also means that they don’t melt as well together when cooked. Grating cheese yourself from the block will give you the best cheesy pizza pulls!
- Mix up your toppings! I went with classic basil and tomato toppings, but you can easily add your own favorites. Add cooked shredded chicken, pineapple, olives…the choice is yours!
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you must! Not only does it prevent the dough from sticking to the sheet pan, but it also helps to transfer the heat evenly so that the bottom of the pizza won’t burn. It helps to create a wonderfully crispy crust.
This pizza is best enjoyed straight out of the oven, but if you have leftovers they will keep in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3 days. Reheat the pizza at 500F for 5 minutes to get the crust nice and crispy again.
The pizza dough can be made up to 3 days ahead of time and it is also freezer friendly.
If you use my homemade pizza dough, then the base of this is vegan. You can then easily swap the mozzarella for your favorite plant based cheese and you are good to go!
When you are craving pizza, but want to skip the takeout, this is a great option that will keep everyone happy! Way healthier and so quick and simple to make, it’s a fuss free way to make your favorite treat!
More pizza recipes to try:
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Grilled Pizza with Tomato & Corn
- Broccoli Pizza Crust
- Cast Iron Pizza
- Shawarma Pita Pizza
- Tortilla Pizza
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Sheet Pan Pizza recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Sheet Pan Pizza
- Allow the dough to sit for 20 minutes covered at room temperature. Then roll out the dough to approximately 9 x 13 inches – the size of a quarter sheet pan.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and position the oven rack in the upper ⅓ position.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the sheet plan, and gently press the dough into the oiled pan. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the dough. Spread the sauce on top, then add the mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and basil.
- Bake the pizza into the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, until the crust is golden and the cheese has melted. Top the pizza with fresh basil and crushed red pepper flakes, if desired.
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.