This Chicken Teriyaki Bowl is one of my favorite balanced weeknight meals that’s filling, nourishing and so tasty! These are my favorite types of recipes for weeknights…the ultimate power bowls! It’s basically your protein, your carbs and your vegetables all packed into one delicious bowl ready to be devoured.
Tonight, skip the teriyaki takeout and try this easy chicken teriyaki bowl at home…it’s less calories, less of a hassle to leave the house and it might even be less time (minus the brown rice that takes 50 minutes to cook).
For more Asian inspired recipes
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Chicken Teriyaki Bowl recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- 1 cup brown rice
- 12 oz broccoli florets about 2-3 cups
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil divided
- 1/3 cup tamari or reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tbsp ground ginger or 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs/breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Steam the broccoli florets in a steamer or colander set over a pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes, until cooked through and the color turns vibrant green; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the sauce ingredients together (1 tbsp sesame seed oil, tamari, honey, garlic and ginger); set aside.
- Heat remaining tbsp sesame seed oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until cooked through and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the arrowroot starch to coat the chicken, then add the sauce over the chicken and stir just to coat.
- Serve chicken in a bowl with brown rice and broccoli, garnished with sesame seeds, if desired.