Chicken Shawarma Salad
This Chicken Shawarma Salad is LOADED with Lebanese ingredients traditionally found in a shawarma sandwich, (minus the pita) - grilled chicken smothered in shawarma spices, lettuce, tabbouleh, onions, tomatoes, green peppers, turnips, banana peppers and hummus - it's low-carb, high protein and the perfect meal!
Servings 6 servings
- 6 6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp shawarma seasoning OR
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp AllSpice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Romaine lettuce chopped
- Tabbouleh homemade or store-bought
- Red onion sliced
- Roma tomatoes sliced
- Green peppers sliced
- Beet pickled turnips
- Pickled banana peppers
- Hummus homemade or store-bought
- Parsley for garnish
In a large bowl, prepare the marinade for the chicken shawarma by combining the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, salt, garlic powder, paprika, turmeric, onion powder, All Spice, cinnamon and black pepper.
Whisk to combine. Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
Heat a grill pan on medium high, and place the chicken on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on one side, then turn and cook the other side for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is full cooked and charred to your liking.
Slice the chicken and serve it with the salad ingredients of your choice. Top with hummus as the "dressing"
- Here’s how I made my tabbouleh
- Her’s how I make my hummus
- Make ahead: You can make the marinade for the chicken up to 5 days in advance and you can marinade the chicken up to 24 hours in advance.
- Storage: Store any leftover chicken in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Nutrition: The nutrition label is only for the chicken because I put way more hummus on mine that most people might so I don’t want to hold you accountable to my calories haha ?
Serving: 1g | Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 454mg | Potassium: 221mg | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 3.2mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 0.6mg