- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp shallots thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 medium beets quartered
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 orange peeled, sliced and cut
- 2 oz crumbled feta cheese
In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, olive oil, shallots and honey. Season the vinaigrette with salt and pepper to taste.
In a small pot of boiling water, cook the beets until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
When the beets are cooked, assemble salad with the mixed greens, beets, orange pieces, feta cheese and dressing and divide into two plates.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 503kcal | Carbohydrates: 66.3g | Protein: 14.8g | Fat: 21.4g | Saturated Fat: 6.5g | Cholesterol: 25.3mg | Sodium: 607mg | Fiber: 20.1g | Sugar: 36.6g