Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Bread
This low-fat Chocolate Cinnamon Banana Bread is made with Greek yogurt instead of oil or butter - it has a moist consistency and rich taste!
Servings 12 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups bananas about 3 over-ripe mashed bananas
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the Greek yogurt, cane sugar, egg and vanilla extract, and stir until combined and smooth.
Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 55 – 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes before slicing.
Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. You can freeze the bread for up to 3 months. Just thaw overnight in the fridge and bring to room temperature before serving.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Nutritional Data: The information below is an automated estimate and could vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used.
- Instead of Greek yogurt, you can use butter or any neutral oils like vegetable oil or coconut oil.
- Instead of cane sugar, you can use granulated white sugar.
- Instead of all purpose flour, you can use whole wheat white flour.
- To make this gluten-free, use an all-purpose gluten-free flour mix. Do not substitute only almond flour or only coconut flour.
Calories: 96kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 149mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 33IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg