Easy Ravioli Soup
Very similar to Lasagna Soup, this kid friendly Easy Ravioli Soup is a meat lover's hearty comforting meal-in-a-bowl recipe that's ready in about 30 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 5 cups water
- 8 ounces mini Ravioli
- Grated Parmesan cheese for serving
- Fresh basil for serving for serving
In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and add the ground beef with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks with a wooden spoon for 4-5 minutes
Add the chopped onions and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions soften and become fragrant.
Add the fresh basil, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes and water and mix to combine. Bring to a boil. Then. reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the ravioli and cook for 5-8 minutes, until the past is tender. Add more water if the pasta absorbs too much of the liquid.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 3-4 days in the fridge or in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, just thaw in the fridge before reheating on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Nutrition: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use. This information should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. The nutrition value is for one serving without any toppings.
- Instead of ground beef, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken.
- To make it vegetarian, substitute the ground beef for chopped mushrooms, eggplant or zucchini.
- If you don't have fresh tomatoes, you can use canned tomatoes. I recommend skipping the tomato paste then, and instead using one 28 ounce can of crushed or diced tomatoes in the place of the tomatoes and tomato paste.
- If you don't have fresh basil, you can substitute other fresh herbs like oregano, parsley or thyme. Or you can use 1 teaspoon of dried herbs.
- To make it gluten-free, you can use gluten-free ravioli or any other gluten-free pasta of your choice.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 521mg | Potassium: 673mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 809IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 7mg