This vegan quinoa burger recipe is easy, healthy and packed with protein. There's no food processor required and it comes together quickly in one bowl!
Servings 4 servings
- ¼ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup water
- 1 15 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ⅓ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Burger buns and toppings of choice
In a small pot, cook the quinoa with water and add salt to taste. Bring a boil, cover and simmer for 14 minutes. Uncover and fluff with a fork.
In a large bowl, add the rinsed black beans and mash the bean fully with a fork or potato masher. Add the cooked quinoa to the black beans, then add the tomato paste, all the seasoning and the breadcrumbs. Form four patties.
Heat olive oil in a grill pan, place the quinoa burgers in the pan and fry over medium heat for about 4 minutes per side.
Build a burger with your favorite buns and toppings.
- Recipe adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
- Nutrition information does not include the bun or the toppings. It’s only for the patty.
- For baking instructions, place the patties on a greased baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 400°F. Then flip and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- If you prefer not to use quinoa, you can try cooked brown rice instead
- You can substitute other types of beans for the black beans
- Instead of bread crumbs, you can use panko breadcrumbs or all-purpose flour or almond flour. It helps to bind the burger.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 5g | Sodium: 963mg | Potassium: 653mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 570IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 3.9mg