Asian Lettuce Wraps
These tasty Asian lettuce wraps are simple to make and ready to serve in less than 10 minutes. Loaded with flavor, they are a great & fun appetizer to serve
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion minced
- 8- ounce can water chestnuts drained and minced
For the Sauce
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves grated
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Green onions thinly sliced
- Crushed peanuts
- Butter lettuce or bib lettuce or iceberg lettuce
In a small bowl, add the sauce ingredients, and whisk until well combined.
Heat the oil on medium heat in a medium size frying pan. Add the ground beef and the onions and cook until the beef is browned and the onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
Stir in the water chestnuts and the sauce, and simmer on low heat until the sauce thickens, and everything is heated through, about 3-4 minutes.
Serve on butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce topped with green onions and crushed peanuts, if desired.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container, with the beef mixture and lettuce separate. The recipe will last about 3-4 days in the fridge.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Nutritional Data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
- Ground beef: You can substitute ground turkey or ground chicken
- Soy Sauce: If you have a soy allergy, try tamari sauce, or liquid aminos, and you can't tell the difference in taste.
- Hoisin Sauce: If you're looking for a gluten free alternative, try teriyaki sauce or just more peanut butter.
- Peanut Butter: If you have a peanut allergy, you can substitute any nut butter or seed butter.
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 533mg | Potassium: 462mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 920IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 3mg