Avocado Egg Salad
This Healthy Avocado Egg Salad is a modern egg salad made with avocado and greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise. It's a light, fresh and nutritious lunch idea
Servings 4 servings
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado pitted and peeled
- 1 teaspoon chives
- Sliced bread for sandwich
- Lettuce for sandwich
Place cold eggs into boiling hot water. Boil on medium for 12 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the boiling water. Place in an ice bath, then remove, peel and chop the eggs roughly
To make the dressing, combine the Greek yogurt, lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
Add the avocado on top of the dressing and toss to combine. Then mash with a fork until it’s creamy. Add the hard-boiled eggs and combine once more.
Serve in a sandwich with bread of choice and lettuce, if desired.
Storage: For best results, consume the avocado egg salad immediately after making since the avocado will oxidize quickly. If you have leftovers, wrap the bowl with a saran wrap, making sure that wrap is touching the salad. This will help minimize the oxidation process.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
* Please note the nutrition label does not include the bread or additional toppings.
- Instead of Greek Yogurt, you can use regular yogurt, sour cream or leave it out all together.
- You can switch the dijon mustard to yellow mustard, or leave it out.
- Use any herbs you'd like instead of chives.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 164mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 310IU | Vitamin C: 6.4mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg