- 1/2 whole seedless watermelon
- 1 English cucumber
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mint leaves for garnish
Using a melon baller, scoop out balls of watermelon and place on a large plate. You can also chop the watermelon into bite sized pieces.
Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. With the same melon baller, scoop out the inside seeds of a cucumber, then slice and add to the large plate with the watermelon balls
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and black pepper to create a dressing.
Pour the dressing and crumbled feta over the watermelon cucumber salad and top with fresh mint leaves.
Stir gently and serve immediately.
- For best results, prepare the salad as close to serving as possible. If needed, prepare the individual ingredients ahead of time, but do not mix with the dressing until just prior to serving.
- If preparing in advance, I would recommend draining some of the water from the watermelon but placing the melon balls on a colander until you’re ready to serve.
Calories: 331kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 362mg | Potassium: 751mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 38g | Vitamin A: 3360IU | Vitamin C: 47.7mg | Calcium: 144mg | Iron: 1.7mg