Baked Chicken Tacos
This Baked Chicken Tacos recipe is made with shredded chicken, taco seasoning and shredded cheese - it's easy to prepare and perfect for a party or crowd
Servings 5 servings
- 10-12 taco shells
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4.5 ounces canned diced green chiles
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- Shredded lettuce for serving
- Pico de gallo for serving
- Sour cream for serving
Preheat the oven to 400° F and spray a 9"x13" pan with cooking spray. Arrange the taco shells in the pan and bake for 5 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, diced green chiles, lime juice and taco seasoning until everything is well mixed.
Spoon the chicken mixture evenly between the taco shells, filling them halfway full, then top with cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes, until tacos are start to brown and the cheese is melted.
Serve immediately with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo and sour cream, or your favorite taco toppings.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last up to 2 days in the fridge. However, the taco shells will get softer after a couple hours. I recommend eating them immediately after cooking.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
* Please note the nutrition label does not include any toppings.
- Instead of shredded chicken, you can also use ground beef, ground turkey or even just prepared beans
- You can substitute the diced chiles with salsa or pico de gallo, but make sure there is not too much liquid in the mixture.
- If you don't have taco seasoning, you can make your own by mixing together chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and oregano. The first spices will have greater quantities and you can play around with the ratio as you like.
Calories: 421kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 615mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 9.2mg | Calcium: 338mg | Iron: 2.1mg