Try this Tahini Milkshake when you're craving something sweet & healthy! It's made with tahini, bananas & frozen almond milk for a nutty ultra creamy treat
Servings 2 servings
- 2 cups Almond milk freeze 1.5 cups
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Vegan cool whip for serving
- Crushed cookie for serving
- Strawberries for serving
Pour 1.5 cups almondmilk into an empty ice-cube tray; freeze 4 hours or overnight.
When ready to make the milkshake, pour the remaining half cup almond milk into a high speed blender, followed by the bananas, tahini and cinnamon. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
Divide evenly among two glasses and top with cool whip, crushed biscuits and maraschino cherry, if desired.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight mason jar. It will stay fresh for up to 24 hours. But ideally, it's best to consume immediately after making.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Equipment: I make my smoothies in my Vitamix. It has a "smoothie" button so it does all the work for me until the ingredients are well blended.
* Please note the nutrition label does not include any toppings.
- Instead of almond milk, you can use any other plant-based milk to keep this vegan, or use regular or 2% milk. You can also use any type of yogurt you'd like.
- To replace the banana, I would highly recommend 2-3 dates. You can also replace it with other fruits like pear or mango.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 336mg | Potassium: 560mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 11.6mg | Calcium: 348mg | Iron: 1.6mg