Gluten-Free Easy Apple Crisp
For a quick healthy dessert, try my Gluten-Free Easy Apple Crisp recipe - the perfect fall dessert made with juicy apples, cinnamon and a flourless topping
Servings 6 servings
For the apple filling:
- 5-6 apples chopped or sliced
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the crumble topping:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans optional
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 tablespoons butter cold, diced
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Caramel sauce
Preheat oven to 375°F.
For filling: In a large bowl, combine apples, maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Transfer apple mixture to an 8x8 square baking dish.
For topping: In medium bowl, combine oats, oat flour, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add diced butter to the crumble topping. Using your fingers, rub butter into the crumble mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over filling.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until apple is tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce, if desired.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 3-4 days in the fridge.
Freezer Instructions: After baking the apple crisp, allow it to cool completely, then cover it with two layers of aluminum foil. You can freeze it for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, thaw it overnight in the fridge and warm it at 375°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Make Ahead: You can make the topping ahead of time but add the butter right before baking it for best results.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some substitutes that will work well:
- For the flour, you can use almond flour, gluten-free flour or even all purpose flour. I love using oat flour to keep it gluten-free and light.
- For the butter, you can use a vegan butter stick or coconut oil
- For the pecans, you can leave those out completely as I've done in the images or use walnuts or almonds
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 152mg | Potassium: 300mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 9.9mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1.5mg