Blueberry Banana Smoothie
This Blueberry Banana Smoothie made simply with blueberries, bananas, almond milk, almond butter and hemp seeds - great for breakfast or a refreshing snack!
Servings 2 serving
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 banana frozen
- 1 1/2 cup almond milk unsweeetened
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Toppings: Sliced banana and blueberries
Put all the ingredients in a blender in the order of appearance.
Blend the ingredients in a high-speed blender for 2-3 minutes until you get a smooth and creamy texture.
Taste the smoothie, adding more almond milk if it is too thick or adding a sweetener of choice if it's not sweet enough for you.
Add the fresh fruit toppings for garnish.
Enjoy cold immediately, or store in fridge for up to 24 hours.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight mason jar. It will stay fresh for up to 24 hours. But ideally, it's best to consume immediately after making
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Equipment: I use the NutriBullet to make smoothies. It pulverizes the toughest fruits and vegetables for a smooth and creamy consistency
- Instead of almond milk, you can use any other plant-based milk to keep this vegan, or use regular or 2% milk
- To replace the banana, you can use one cup of any chopped fruit. To keep the blue color, I recommend pineapple, apple or pear,
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 213kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Sodium: 245mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 115IU | Vitamin C: 12.3mg | Calcium: 263mg | Iron: 1.7mg