Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti
This Garlic Shrimp Spaghetti is an easy and quick dish for the weekday menu that comes to together in 15 minutes with buttery garlic taste!
Servings 4 servings
- 8 ounces spaghetti or pasta of choice
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled deveined
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley for garnish
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta according to package instructions; drain well and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt two tablespoons butter. Add shrimp, salt and crushed red pepper, and cook stirring occasionally, until shrimp is opaque pink, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
In the same skillet, add the remaining butter and garlic and cook until fragrant, about one minute. Add the lemon juice, pasta water and parmesan cheese and stir to combine. Transfer the spaghetti to the skillet and toss with the sauce.
Add the shrimp on top and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 3 days in the fridge.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Nutrition: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
- To make it gluten-free, you can use any gluten-free pasta of your choice.
- To make the sauce more creamy, you can add some milk instead of some of the water.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 318mg | Sodium: 1195mg | Potassium: 229mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 453IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 3mg