Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal
Hands-free yummy Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal prepared in the oven - perfect for entertaining guests at breakfast or meal prepping breakfast for the week!
Servings 6 servings
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat an 9 x 9 baking dish or 8 x 11 baking pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the banana, almond milk, ground flaxseed, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla extract until well combined. Add the steel cut oats, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Cover the pan loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover the pan and add the pecans on top. Bake an additional 30 minutes until golden brown (55-60 minutes total).
Serve hot, scooped into bowls, or let cool for 10 minutes and cut into squares.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 5 days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave for 1 minute with a splash of water or milk to loosen the thickened oats.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
- Instead of almond milk, you can use any other plant-based milk or regular milk or even water.
- Instead of maple syrup, you can use honey or any other sweetener.
- Instead of banana, you can use another fruit puree or leave it out all together.
- Instead of ground flaxseed, you can use 2 tablespoons chia seeds or 2 eggs.
- Instead of coconut oil, you can use another oil or fat or leave it out since you're using the mashed bananas.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 359mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 25IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 198mg | Iron: 2mg