Chocolate Banana Muffins
These Chocolate Banana Muffins are easy to whip up in one bowl and made healthy with Greek yogurt and coconut oi - perfect snack or treat!
Servings 12 servings
- 3 medium ripe bananas mashed
- ½ cup plain 2% greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin tin with muffin liners.
In a large bowl, mix the wet ingredients together until well combined: ripe bananas, honey, vanilla, egg, oil and greek yogurt.
Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients in the same bowl: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined, without over-mixing.Fold in half of the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins, and top the muffins with the remaining chocolate chips.
Bake for 23-27 minutes or until toothpick comes our clean.
Recipe: Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Nutrition: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use. The nutrition label is for 1 muffin.
- To make this gluten-free, use an all-purpose gluten-free flour mix. Do not substitute only almond flour or only coconut flour.
- You can replace honey with cane sugar.
- You can replace the coconut oil with vegetable oil or butter.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 157kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 55IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg