Chickpea Noodle Soup
This Vegetarian Chickpea Noodle Soup is made with a few items and full of plant-based protein to keep you feeling full for hours - perfect even as a meal!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 large carrots chopped
- 3 celery ribs chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15- ounce can chickpeas rinsed/drained
- 8 ounces rotini pasta or other pasta
- Fresh parsley for serving
In a large pot or saucepan, heat olive over medium high heat. Add onions, carrots and celery and cook until slightly softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme, and season with salt and pepper; and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
Add vegetable broth and bring mixture to a boil. Then add the chickpeas and pasta, reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, sprinkle fresh parsley, if desired, and serve immediately.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. The soup will stay fresh for about 4-5 days.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Nutritional Data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
- Instead of rotini pasta, you can use white rice or brown rice. If you're using brown rice, be sure to add an extra 25 minutes to the cooking time though. You can also use potatoes, riced cauliflower, or chopped zucchini for some grain free and/or low carb options.
- Instead of chickpeas, you can use other beans while Great Northern white beans.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1884mg | Potassium: 350mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 7481IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 2mg