Avocado Ice Cream
Avocado Ice Cream. This avocado ice cream is a very easy healthy homemade ice cream that's vegan, paleo-friendly and absolutely tasty. Creamy, smooth and ultra rich with no ice cream maker.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 14- ounce can full-fat coconut milk refrigerated overnight
- 2 ripe avocados halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 ripe banana cut, and frozen
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4-5 large mint leaves
Chill a loaf pan in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
In a high-speed blender, add the peeled and pitted avocados. Scoop out the solid part of the coconut milk into a blender and save the liquid part to use in another recipe (like a smoothie). Add the banana, maple syrup, lemon juice and mint leaves. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour the mixture into the chilled loaf pan and use the back of a spoon to distribute evenly. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
For best results, let soften for 10-15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- For best results, eat the ice cream within 48 hours
- To minimize browning, make sure to place a plastic wrap tightly over the ice cream, so that it is touching the ice cream, right before you freeze it
- Store any leftovers in the loaf pan or an airtight container in the freezer
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 15mg | Potassium: 574mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 140IU | Vitamin C: 11.3mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2.8mg