Healthy Egg Salad
My recipe for Healthy Egg Salad is perfect for lunches. I make it healthier by replacing the mayo with greek yogurt. It's fast, full of flavor and filling!
Servings 4 servings
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 1/3 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
Cook the eggs on a stovetop for 6 minutes after boiling. Alternatively you can use the oven method or the Instant Pot method.
Peel the eggs and roughly chop; set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the Greek yogurt, dijon mustard, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add the chopped celery and parsley, and stir to combine. Place the chopped eggs into the bowl and stir again to combine with the dressing.
Serve the egg salad in a sandwich, lettuce cups, salad or even as a dip.
- Insta Pot Instructions: To boil the eggs in an Insta Pot, add 1 cup of water, placing eggs on a trivet and pressing Pressure Cook for 5 minutes, then vent right away and place in cold water.
- Store any leftover healthy egg salad in a airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. For best results, stir before serving.
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 280mg | Sodium: 442mg | Potassium: 196mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 610IU | Vitamin C: 2.6mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 1mg