This vegetarian homemade creamed corn recipe is an easy 15 minutes side dish that works with so many meals and made quickly on the stovetop!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 16-ounces frozen corn thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup low fat milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tablespoon chopped parsley for serving
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the corn, salt, pepper and garlic powder and cook until the corn softens, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the cream cheese and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir until sauce is thickened, about 3-5 more minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir in the cheddar cheese until melted and garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Storage: The creamed corn will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days and can be reheated on the stovetop.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
- Instead of butter, you can use olive oil, but I love the taste of butter with corn.
- Instead of milk, you can add vegetable or chicken broth, but the milk does help to create a more creamy consistency.
- Instead of cheddar cheese, you can use any other shredded cheese or leave it out. I often make it with gouda cheese!
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 417mg | Potassium: 382mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 399IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg