Ground Chicken Burgers
These delicious ground chicken burgers are loaded with flavor and are quick and easy to make. Perfect for a weeknight meal and a great alternative to beef.
Servings 4 servings
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (vegan or regular)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove minced
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Hamburger buns for serving
- Lettuce tomato and red onions, for serving
In a medium bowl, add ground chicken, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, onions, parsley, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Use your hands to combine all the ingredients together until blended, but don’t over mix.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat and oil the grates.
Form the mixture into 4-6 equal patties. Press down in the middle of each patty with your thumb to ensure even cooking of the chicken burgers.
Cook the chicken burgers on the preheated grill until the internal temperature is 165F, about 10 minutes total, flipping halfway through.
Assemble the chicken burgers with hamburger buns and toppings of choice.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 3 days in the fridge.
Freezing Instructions: You can also freeze patties before or after cooking for up to 3 months. To freeze, stack them between wax or parchment paper in a freezer-safe container. Alternatively, you can freeze them on a baking sheet, then place them all together in a ziplock bag. To re-heat, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat on the stovetop or microwave.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Nutritional Data: Please note that the nutrition label provided is an estimate based on an online nutrition calculator. It will vary based on the specific ingredients you use.
- Instead of mayonnaise, you can use sour cream or one egg. I haven’t tried either of them, but they will help serve the purpose of the mayonnaise, which is to bind the patty.
- Instead of breadcrumbs, you can use all-purpose flour.
- To make it gluten-free, you can use quick oats, almond flour or panko breadcrumbs.
Calories: 272kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 605mg | Potassium: 627mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 236IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg