Chai Spiced Vegan Muffins
This Chai Spiced Vegan Muffins recipe is a delicious healthy breakfast or snack filled with warm aromatic spices like cloves, cinnamon, ginger and cardamom!
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a twelve-muffin tin or add muffin liners to a muffin tin.
In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and the spices.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: applesauce, milk, oil, and maple syrup. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix.
Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let them cool down for 5-10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin. Yields 12 muffins.
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container with a paper towel under them to absorb any moisture. They will last about a week in the fridge. You can also freeze the muffins for up to 3 months.
Substitutions: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Nutritional Data: The information below is an automated estimate and could vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used.
- Feel free to change up the spices or increase/decrease quantities as you see fit.
- Instead of grapeseed oil, you can substitute any other neutral oil like canola, vegetable or safflower oil.
- Instead of applesauce, you can use other fruit purees like banana or pumpkin.
- Instead of diary-free milk, you can use regular cow's milk.
Calories: 203kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 75mg | Potassium: 157mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 45IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg