Cauliflower Alfredo sauce is a creamy vegan, gluten-free, nut-free homemade Alfredo sauce with less fat & less calories as compared with the original recipe
Servings 6 servings
- 5-6 cups cauliflower florets
- 6 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup plant-based milk or vegetable broth
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon white pepper or black pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine or other pasta of choice
Bring a large pot of boiling water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Reserve 1 cup of the boiling water.
Heat the olive oil a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the minced garlic until soft and fragrant, but not browned, about 1-2 minutes.
Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked cauliflower to a blender. Add the sautéed garlic, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk, salt and pepper. Cover the vent in your blender lid with a thin kitchen towel to allow venting and puree until the sauce is smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. If the sauce starts to look dry, add a few drops of water, milk, or olive oil.
Serve with cooked fettuccine
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container. They will last about 4-5 days in the fridge.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Nutritional Data: The information below is an automated estimate for the sauce and 1 pound of fettuccine. It could vary based on cooking methods and ingredients used.
- To make it gluten-free, you can use any gluten-free pasta of your choice.
- To make the sauce more creamy, you can use more milk and olive oil instead of the cauliflower cooking water.
- Feel free to substitute the fresh garlic for garlic powder, although I definitely prefer the slightly sautéed garlic in here.
Calories: 360kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 456mg | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 47IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 2mg