Almond Joy Ice Cream
Almond Joy Ice Cream is a vegan recipe that's made with a few simple ingredients in a blender or food processor. No churning or fancy ingredients necessary!
Servings 6 servings
- 3 large bananas sliced and frozen
- ½ cup coconut cream or plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup unsalted almonds roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
Add bananas to a blender or food processor. Blend until crumbly. Add coconut cream or plant-based milk, maple syrup and almond extract, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary.
Add coconut flakes, almonds, and chocolate chips, and fold in until they're well incorporated.
Pour into a freezer-friendly airtight container, and freeze for 3-4 hours until the mixture is solid. Allow the ice cream to thaw for 5-10 minutes before scooping and serving.
Recipe: This vegan almond joy ice cream is adopted from the Beaming Baker
Storage: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer. The ice cream will last up to 7 days in the freezer.
Thawing Instructions: The consistency will be hard when first removed from the freezer. Make sure to let it thaw for 5-10 minutes before scooping.
Substitutes: For best results, follow the recipe as is. However here are some common substitutes that would work well in this recipe.
Equipment: I use the Kitchen Aid 7-Cup Food processor to make the ice cream. It has a high and low pulse speed so you can make the ice cream super smooth and then you can pulse in the mix-ins if you want to. You can also use a blender to make the recipe.
* Please note the nutrition label does not include any toppings.
- Instead of coconut cream, you can use plant-based milk, like I did in the video. It works best if the milk is very cold so the mixture stays relatively solid and not liquified when blended.
- Instead of maple syrup, you can use honey or agave syrup, or even skip the sweetener all together.
- Feel free to adjust the mix-ins to use more or less of the coconut flakes, almonds and chocolate chips.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 372mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 19g | Vitamin A: 38IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg