This Garlic Chicken Naan Pizza is a recipe from the Meatballs and Masala cookbook - it's a delicious fusion of Indian spices & flavor with an American twist
This Garlic Chicken Naan Pizza is a popular recipe from the cookbook called Masala and Meatballs by my friend who runs the Food Fashion Party blog. The pizza is a fusion of Indian spices and flavors with an American twist. It’s definitely not your classic margarita pizza, but instead of a flavor explosion!
How to make naan pizza
One thing you can say about Indian dishes is that they never disappoint in the flavor department! This tomato garlic chicken naan pizza recipe called for 10 garlic cloves just to make the sauce and at first I thought whoa!! But I trusted the recipe and it was impeccable. I used garlic, tomatoes and onions, then cooked it with chicken, tons of spices and cilantro to look like this.
That became the sauce and heartiness of the tomato garlic chicken naan pizza and then I topped it with mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and onions.
And then I added some basil and crushed red pepper. It was a flavor bomb in my mouth and I definitely ate…err..inhaled…an entire one on my own. It’s a personal pizza, ok?
Check out her amazing new cookbook on Amazon if you’d like to try new flavors and dishes like this one!
More pizza recipes:
- Cast Iron Pizza
- Pita Pizza
- Grilled Pizza
- Pizza Quinoa Bites
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Broccoli Pizza Crust
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feelgood Grilled Pizza recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Garlic Chicken Naan Pizza
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 2 ripe tomatoes quartered
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp paprika or chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 naan breads
- Mozzarella cheese for topping
- Tomatoes for topping
- Onions for topping
- Crushed red pepper for topping
- Basil or Thai basil leaves for topping
- In a blender, combine the garlic, onions, tomatoes and blend to a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the tomato mixture, chicken and spices, and cook until the liquid dries and the chicken is completely cooked, about 15 minutes. Uncover the pan, add the milk and cilantro and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop half the chicken mixture on top of the naan. Add mozzarella cheese, and top with tomatoes and onions.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until the mozzarella melts.
- Remove from the oven, top with crushed red pepper and fresh basil.