Nutella Banana Cupcakes are moist, decadent and super easy to make. These are kid-friendly and can be adapted to use other spreads or nut butters of choice
These Nutella Banana Cupcakes are the perfect treat! I have a love/hate relationship with Nutella. I grew up in Sierra Leone in West Africa, and Nutella was one of those special treats we enjoyed as kids. My mom used to spread it on Arabic pita bread, put it on top of cupcakes/muffins, and I especially enjoyed just eating it straight out of the tub – LIKE A BOSS!
When I got really into nutrition and clean eating about 10 years ago, I started reading labels and questioning things and realized Nutella could never be such a prized treat for my kids as it was for me a kid. I tried ALL the healtheir brand ones…I mean ALL of them…pretty fun experiment if I may add HAHA! But nothing is quite like the taste, texture and treat of Nutella. So once every 6 months, I buy a jar and spread the love because moderation is key after all. These Nutella Banana Cupcakes have some of that goodness spread all over for a moist, rich bite you’ll truly savor!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
For more cupcakes & muffins recipes:
- Cream Cheese Vanilla Cupcakes
- Sweet Potato Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Muffins
- Cranberry Lemon Muffins
- Kid Friendly Muffins
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Nutella Banana Cupcakes recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Nutella Banana Cupcakes
- 1¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt); set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the wet ingredients in stages using an electric mixer. First beat the eggs; then add the sugar; next, add the vanilla extract and canola oil; finally add the buttermilk and beat until well blended.
- When all the wet ingredients are well incorporated, slowly, mix in the flour and beat until just combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling about ½ full since the cupcakes will rise.
- Bake for 12 -14 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for a few minutes, then remove.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, pipe on the cream cheese frosting.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat all the ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth and well-blended.