This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Mushroom Avocado Toast is a very simple appetizer that’s made with slices of toasted bread, thinly sliced ripe and voacdo and sauteed mushrooms. It’s a quick recipe that you can make for breakfast or lunch or you can serve it as a side dish or appetizer.
How to make mushroom avocado toast
- Toast some slices of your favorite hearty thick toast. You want something large and thick to be able to hold up the toppings.
- Thinly slice avocados and fan them out on the slices of toast.
- Make Sautéed Mushrooms or use some if you have leftovers and add on top of the avocado slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately! You can also sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese and fresh herbs like basil or oregano.
This makes for a great appetizer, awesome snack, and amazing breakfast. Heck, you might as well just have it as your main entree for dinner. Ain’t nobody judging!
For more toast recipes, check out:
- Avocado Toast
- Sweet Potato Toast
- Hummus Toast
- Strawberry Chia Jam with Toast
- Baked Brie Cranberry in Bread Bowl
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Mushroom Avocado Toast recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Mushroom Avocado Toast
- 2 slices of sourdough bread or bread of choice
- 1/2 avocado pitted/peeled
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms crimini, sliced
- Dash of garlic salt
- Aged Parmesan cheese optional
- Fresh basil chopped (optional)
- Toast the sourdough to desired doneness.
- Slice the avocado into thin slices, fan out and divide on top of the two toasts
- Season the avocado with salt and pepper to taste
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Then add the mushrooms to the skillet, season with garlic salt, and saute for about 10 minutes until they soften and become golden brown.
- Add the sauteed mushrooms on top of the toast with avocado slices, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with aged parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if you desire.
- Enjoy immediately!
Nutrition information provided is an estimate. It will vary based on cooking method and specific ingredients used.