This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This dairy-free Mint Chocolate Brownies recipe post is sponsored by Hudsonville Ice Cream. I received compensation, but all opinions and content are my own.
If you’re looking for an easy festive holiday dessert, you should try these dairy-free Mint Chocolate Brownies, made with a one-bowl vegan brownie recipe, and topped with a you-won’t-believe-it’s-dairy-free mint fudge cookie ice cream! It’s an ultra-decadent rich dessert that is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Creamy dairy-free ice cream
I’m so excited to be partnering again with Hudsonville Ice Cream to showcase another one of their fabulous new Dairy Free flavors. Their Dairy Free Mint Fudge Cookie flavor is so creamy and smooth that it’s hard to believe it’s vegan!
Like the other six flavors, it’s made with a combination of oat milk and coconut cream. It’s the ultimate premium ice cream experience where every scoop is heavenly. If you can resist just eating the pint on its own, make my mint chocolate brownies recipe with it, starting with some vegan brownies.
How to make vegan brownies
- Place the dry ingredients in one large bowl: flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients thoroughly until they’re well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the same bowl: water, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until there are no more flour streaks. Then transfer to a prepared square baking dish and you’re halfway to mint chocolate brownies!
How to assemble mint chocolate brownies
When the brownies are cooked, leave them at room temperature to cool completely. I recommend about 30-60 minutes.
Once it’s completely cooled, you can add the Hudsonville Dairy Free Mint Fudge Cookie ice cream on top. You may need to leave the ice cream out for a few minutes before spreading. But you’ll find it’s pretty easy to spread because of how soft the ice cream is. I use two pints to generously cover a 9×9 baking dish.
Continue layering the mint chocolate brownies by adding a layer of coconut whipped cream, then shaved chocolate. You could get creative with these layers and use frosting and crushed mint candies if you’d like. Finally, freeze the mint chocolate brownies for 4-5 hours until it’s completely solid. This is the hardest part of the recipe – the waiting!
When it’s time to slice the mint chocolate brownies, use a large knife and wet it with warm water in between cuts to keep the slices pretty and clean.
Tips for Making Mint Chocolate Brownies
- Allow the brownies to cool before layering. The beauty of these mint chocolate brownies is the neatly stacked layers. Cooling the brownies completely ensures the ice cream doesn’t melt into the brownie layer.
- Cut the chocolate into very small pieces. Whatever you choose to top the brownies with, make sure to chop/shave them really small. When the mint chocolate brownies freeze, those will freeze as well, making it difficult to cut around and chew if they are too big.
- Cover the brownies with a piece of wax or parchment paper. This minimizes contact with the cold air and limits any freezer burn on the ice cream surface while freezing it.
- Slice the brownies with a hot wet knife. This isn’t necessary with the Hudsonville Ice Cream. But if you find that the brownies are frozen solid and difficult to cut, try the hot wet knife trick to make it easier. Wetting the knife between slices will also help keep the slices neat looking.
This is a truly indulgent non-dairy dessert that’s filled with holiday flavors from the chocolate and the mint fudge cookie ice cream. It’s an easy dessert with a creamy texture and delicious taste of real ice cream. Make it to feed a crowd for parties, school festivities or other holiday gatherings.
More vegan frozen desserts:
If you’ve tried this healthy Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Brownies recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Brownies
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cane sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pints Hudsonville Dairy Free Mint Fudge Cookie Ice Cream
- 1 cup whipped coconut cream
- Shaved chocolate for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F, and line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper or foil larger than the baking dish, so the foil extends at least an inch over edges of the pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Pour in water, vegetable oil and vanilla; mix until well blended. Spread evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven, until the top is no longer shiny, about 25-30 minutes. Cool completely and place in freezer to chill.
- Soften ice cream until you can easily stir it with a spoon. Gently spread in an even layer over cooled brownies. Top with cool whipped topping and spread out into an even layer. Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top and cover with wax paper. Freeze until firm, about 4-5 hours.
- When ready to serve, let sit at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes to soften. Remove from pan using the overhanging parchment paper, and then cut into squares.
- Instead of vegetable oil, you can use coconut oil or butter if you don’t care for the recipe to stay vegan.
- You can skip the whipped coconut cream or use a frosting of choice if you prefer.
- Feel free to use different ice cream flavors of your choice.