These Ice Cream Sandwiches are made with with my puffed up chocolate chip cookies and served with vanilla ice cream in between two cookies. It’s just a good old chocolate chip cookie with some store-bought organic vanilla bean ice cream.
Delicious, quick and easy, these ice cream sandwiches are made with freshly baked cookies for a dessert kids of all ages will love!
How to make these ice cream sandwiches
Make the cookies
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Mix together the wet ingredinets until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredinets to the wet and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture into a baking sheet and bake.
Make the sandwiches
- Spoon the ice cream onto a cookie and top with another.
- Roll in sprinkles, if you, like and serve.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Always scoop flour into a measuring cup and level with a knife. This helps to ensure accuracy in the final results and it will vary from simply using the measuring cup to scoop the flour.
- Line your baking sheet with parchment to bake the cookies. It helps to bake them evenly and makes clean up a breeze.
- Let the cookies cool completely before adding the ice cream or it will melt too quickly to eat!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can absolutely make the cookies ahead of time, just don’t add the ice cream until you are ready to serve them. The cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 to 3 days and the the fridge for 5 to 6.
The molasses in the brown sugar helps to make these cookies nice and soft and chewy. I like to slightly under bake them too. Store them in a sealed container to keep them soft for as long as possible.
I like my ice cream sandwiches with a really good quality vanilla bean ice cream, but any variety will work well. Chocolate ice cream is also a really good option! Try them with my Cappuccino Nice Cream!
For more summer treats:
- Almond Joy Ice Cream
- Strawberry S’mores
- Watermelon Pizza
- White Chocolate Popsicles
- Strawberries & Cream Parfaits
If you’ve tried this feel good Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup level with a knife and add to a small bowl. Add baking powder and salt; whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, brown sugar and coconut oil; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Then beat in vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended. Then fold in chips.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375F degrees for 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
- Scoop about 1/8 cup ice cream into one cookie and then top it with another cookie and enjoy!
- You can also roll it in sprinkles, colored sugar or any other fun toppings