These Ice Cream Sandwiches are made with with my puffed up chocolate chip cookies and served with vanilla ice cream in between two cookies. It’s just a good old chocolate chip cookie with some store-bought organic vanilla bean ice cream.
I decided to roll them in some leftover purple sugar sprinkles from Valentine’s Day just to give them an extra crunch and color, but that totally optional.
For more summer treats:
- Almond Joy Ice Cream
- Strawberry S’mores
- Watermelon Pizza
- White Chocolate Popsicles
- Strawberries & Cream Parfaits
If you’ve tried this feel good Ice Cream Sandwiches recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup level with a knife and add to a small bowl. Add baking powder and salt; whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, brown sugar and coconut oil; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Then beat in vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended. Then fold in chips.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375F degrees for 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
- Scoop about 1/8 cup ice cream into one cookie and then top it with another cookie and enjoy!
- You can also roll it in sprinkles, colored sugar or any other fun toppings