I made these puffed up chocolate chip cookies before and I remember them being some soft, chewy and sweet. Today, I thought it’d be perfect to slab some ice cream in between two of those cookies and call it my indulgent, totally-deserve-it, amazing, wowzer treat of the week. And these Ice Cream White Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches are all that I just described and a bag of chips. Oooo, a bag of chips would actually give this a nice salty balance to the sweetness. But no, sorry there’s no actual bag of chips that comes with the recipe. It’s just a good old chocolate chip cookie with some store-bought organic vanilla bean ice cream. I decided to roll them in some leftover purple sugar sprinkles from Valentine’s Day just to give them a extra crunch and color, but that totes optional. Here’s the pre-sprinkles rolling photo. Still scrumptious and yummy, amiright?!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
Ice Cream White Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
- 1¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 and 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- Spoon flour into measuring cup level with a knife and add to a small bowl. Add baking powder and salt; whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, brown sugar and coconut oil; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Then beat in vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well-blended. Then fold in chips.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375F degrees for 10 minutes or until almost set.
- Cool for 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
- Scoop about 1/8 cup ice cream into one cookie and then top it with another cookie and enjoy!
- You can also roll it in sprinkles, colored sugar or any other fun toppings