Gluten Free Asian Noodle SaladJump To Recipe
- Serves: 8 servings
This recipe for Gluten Free Asian Noodle Salad is easy to throw together with rice noodles, napa cabbage, carrots & cilantrol tossed in an easy Asian sauce
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Gluten Free Asian Noodle Salad
This is a salad that doesn’t really feel like a salad. Instead, this Gluten Free Asian Noodle Salad actually feels like you’re enjoying an exotic, hearty and delicious complete meal. Because the noodles give it that comforting satisfying feeling! But guess what? These noodles are completely gluten-free, dairy-free, fat-free and vegan. Yup, they are basically made with rice, water and salt; and rice is naturally gluten-free. So you can toss these noodles with any vegetables and dressing of your choice to meet any dietary restrictions you may have and still enjoy a healthy well-balanced meal.
I learned the recipe for this Gluten Free Asian Noodle Salad from my dad, who is just wonderful in the kitchen! He loves Asian food and tries to replicate dishes he enjoys at restaurants at home. So hes literally been making this salad for 15-20 years and I finally decided to make it myself and share it with you guys!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 7 oz rice noodles
- 4 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4-5 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- 1/4 cup Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1.5 tbsp toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 thumb ginger, finely minced
- In a large bowl, prepare the dressing by pouring the Tamari, white wine vinegar, olive oil, hoisin saunce, toasted sesame seed oil, the garlic and the ginger and mixing very well. (You can also pour all the ingredients into a food processor and blend instead of mincing the garlic and ginger); set aside
- Next, fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Add rice noodles and cook for only 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- Add the cooked noodles to the large bowl that includes the dressing and toss to combine. Then add the shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro and onions and mix well until fully incorporated. I use kitchen tongs to mix it well. Now, you can taste and adjust the dressing as needed or add salt.
- Enjoy immediately at room temperature or eat it cold after refrigerating. Lasts 4-5 days in the fridge.