Is it just me or is it fun to eat foods shaped like French fries? But hey, if it’s going to be shaped like a French fry, it better have the crunch of a French fry. Good news is, these Eggplant Parmesan Fries do! They make for a wonderful side dish next to chicken, or can be eaten as an awesome appetizer with some marinara. Regardless how you consume them, they must be consumed immediately in one sitting because if you don’t, you betcha someone else in your house will.
This recipe uses a traditional “assembly line of ingredients” where you dredge something in flour, egg wash and then breadcrumbs. And I’ve found that whatever you dredge in that winning combination has high chances of success…I mean c’mon, how could it go wrong? Well, I actually thought it could go wrong if the eggplant got soggy, but the flour coating totally took care of that!
Ok, so let’s take care of the recipe portion of this post and get you going. It’s quick, simple and deliciously crispy!
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feelgood Eggplant Parmesan Fries recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
More low-carb fries recipes
Eggplant Parmesan Fries
- 1 large eggplant
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten
- ½ cup organic breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 425 F degrees.
- Slice the eggplant into 5-6 vertical slices and then cut into ¼ inch thick fries-like pieces. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix breadcrumbs, parmesan and seasoning until well blended.
- Pour the flour into another bowl, and the egg whites into a third bowl, and form an assembly line of three bowls.
- Dredge the cut eggplant in the flour, then dip them in the egg and finally into a mixture of breadcrumbs, parmesan & spices. Place eggplant fries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with marinara and enjoy immediately for the best crunch factor.