This homemade Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Bowls uses the underside of a muffin tin as a mold to bake and create the cutest bowls for serving ice cream.
These Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Bowls are simple to make with tortillas, cinnamon, sugar and cooking spray. And the result is an edible bowl that’s the perfect container for serving ice cream or your favorite treats. They’re fun for parties and especially great for kids!
How to make cinnamon sugar tortilla bowls
These are so simple to make. You basically flip over your muffin tin, stuff some flat plain tortillas (that have been dusted…errr…doused in cinnamon and sugar!) in between them. You can fit 4 large tortillas on the underside of a 12-muffin tin. Once they’re baked, you can make sundaes with them and eat the bowl when you’re done!
For Super Bowl, these are awesome because you can bake the cinnamon sugar tortilla bowls up to a week in advance and you can have a DIY bar with difference ice creams and toppings. And just when you think dessert is done because the ice cream is finished…bam – you realize the bowl is edible! I’m really excited about this part, you guys!
These have a taste similar to churros, and the crunch factor makes them so scrumptious! I love filling mine with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, nuts and some type of fruit like strawberries. However you stuff them, these cinnamon sugar tortilla bowls are party approved, so stinking easy to make and hit that sweet tooth hard!
I hope you love this healthy-ish feelgood Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Bowls recipe. If you make it, please leave me a comment telling me how you like it, or use hashtag #feelgoodfoodie on Instagram so I can see your recreations
For more easy snacks:
- Baked Brie Cranberry in Bread Bowl
- Baba Ganoush
- Whipped Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
- Roasted Cashews with Coconut
If you’ve tried this feel good Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Bowls recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Bowls
For the Tortilla Bowls
- 4 6 inch flour tortillas
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream caramel sauce, chocolate syrup, strawberries and nuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds. This makes it easier to bend them without tearing them.
- Spray one side of the tortillas with cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Turn the tortillas over; repeat on the other side.
- Flip a 12-cup muffin tin upside down, and nestle a tortilla in the space between 4 cups to form a "bowl." Repeat for the remaining 3 tortillas.
- Bake at 350°F until the tortillas are crisp and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Add ice cream and toppings, as desired
- Prep Tip: Lightly coat the tortillas with the coconut oil. If you put too much, they may end up becoming too soggy and won’t crisp up.
- Baking Tip: If you notice any major air bubbles filling the center of the bowls while they’re baking, you can pop them with a toothpick and continue baking. This never happened in my experience, but it has happened with others.
- Nutrition Note: The nutrition facts are for 1 tortilla without any ice cream or toppings.