Chocolate Chia Layered Pudding made with two types of a pudding: chia pudding and one made with Greek Yogurt and cocoa for the ultimate healthy treat!
Anyone interested in healthier eating has probably already seen and/or tried a chia pudding of some kind or another. These recipes work like magic and require only blending the seeds with the fluids. This amazing Chocolate Chia Layered Pudding is a fabulous dessert or snack, and has the gorgeous looks of a parfait. It takes only a short time to assemble, but you do have to make the chia pudding the night before.
The ingredients of this Chocolate Chia Layered Pudding are surprisingly healthy, even if this parfait dish does have the looks of a super rich treat.
- Chia Seeds: These seeds are a whole grain food that are some of the most nutrient dense in the world. They are amazingly abundant in beneficial fiber, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein. They don’t have much of a flavor, taking on whatever they are prepared with, and when soaked, they have a silky texture.
- Almond Milk: The almond milk used in the pudding is also a wonderfully nutritious food, loaded with calcium, iron, magnesium and vitamin C.
- Greek Yogurt: This is going to offer you an immense amount of calcium and protein (double that of regular yogurt)
- Cacao Powder: This is actually a superfoods! It is an antioxidant food superior to blueberries and other darkly colored fruits. It has more calcium than milk and even brings the same sort of boost as traditional chocolate.
Topped with banana and sweetened with honey, this Chocolate Chia Layered Pudding is a treat you will want to serve to guests but also enjoy anytime you have a sweet tooth. It is relatively low in calories and fat, but amazingly high in nutrients, fiber and delicious flavor.
If you’ve tried this healthy-ish feel good Chocolate Chia Layered Pudding recipe or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, then don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making it. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!
For more recipes with chia seeds, check out:
Chocolate Layered Chia Pudding
Chia Pudding (mixed overnight)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- Optional toppings: banana and cacao nibs
Chocolate Pudding (mixed anytime)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 tbsp honey
- Topped with bananas raw buckwheat & cacao nibs
- Place the ingredients of the chia pudding in a jar and mix well and everything is blended are there are no clumps of chia. Place it in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, mix the ingredients of the chocolate pudding in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Layer the chia pudding and the chocolate pudding and add bananas, and any other crunchy toppings.