Baked Cod with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Spinach SaladJump To Recipe
- Serves: 1
This recipe for Baked Cod with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Spinach Salad is a super healthy dinner portion salad that will keep you feeling full and satisfied!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Baked Cod with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Spinach Salad
Some salads are really delicious but leave you feeling a little less than full. Which means you’re looking for something to munch on after dinner… and well, that’s not what we want to happen.
This Baked Cod with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Spinach Salad is a dinner sized portion salad packed with nutrients. From protein, fiber, potassium, Vitamin A and antioxidants… it’s like a super meal.
Baked cod and crispy-yet-tender sweet potatoes’ coupled with feta, tomatoes and a lemon tahini sauce (say what!) equals pure salad foodie bliss. It’s reminiscent of a cool fall morning followed by a warm breezy afternoon. It’s something you always want to happen but rarely ever does.
It’s quick enough to make on a weeknight, but if you’re really in a time crunch, get some frozen sweet potatoes to throw in the oven instead of waiting for the raw ones to cook. And most important of all — enjoy!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
Hope you try this recipe for Baked Cod with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Spinach Salad. Please tag me #feelgoodfoodie so I can see all your fabulous recreations on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter!
- 6 oz wild caught cod fillet
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt/pepper to taste
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 small sweet potato sliced
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
Lemon Tahini Dressing
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Dash garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 1 small Roma tomato, chopped
For the Cod
- In a large piece aluminum foil, add the cod, and top with the the turmeric, ground ginger, olive oil, lemon juice and salt/pepper to taste.
- Seal the aluminum foil well and bake the cod at 400F for 10-12 minutes
For the Sweet Potato
- In a medium baking sheet, toss the sweet potatoes with the olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper
- Bake the sweet potatoes slices at 400F for 20 minutes
For the Lemon Tahini Dressing
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl using a whisk
- Add spinach to a large plate, layer with the sweet potatoes, top with feta cheese and tomatoes, then drizzle the dressing and enjoy!