Baba Ghanoush Eggplant Dip with Pita ChipsJump To Recipe
Creamy dreamy Baba Ghanoush Eggplant Dip with Pita Chips made with oven-roasted eggplant, lemon juice, tahini & garlic - a great alternative to hummus!
- Author: Yumna Jawad
Baba Ghanoush Eggplant Dip with Pita Chips
Do you have some go to recipes for dips and snacks suitable for company? This amazing Baba Ghanoush Eggplant Dip with Pita Chips is a creamy vegan dish that takes 10 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes to smell the eggplant roasting in your oven. It is full of flavor and amazing textures, and you can even tinker with some of the proportions to make it your own. It’s sure to become a new favorite! If you love tahini, add a tablespoon or two more to boost flavor and thicken the mixture. Maybe you adore the zing of lemon, add a bit more to kick up the flavor. This is a highly adaptable dish and you will soon opt for it over such other classic dips and snacks like hummus.
It is a good idea to remember the amount of fiber in this dish when serving it as a starter or first course. Eggplant is an amazingly filling vegetable, and though high in fiber it is even more abundant in vitamins and minerals. High in vitamins C, B6, and K, it is also a fantastic source of folic acid, magnesium and potassium.
The citrus in this dish also adds loads of flavor along with a nice dash of vitamin C and potassium. The tahini is no slouch either, and though many count on it for the dazzling flavor it brings, it is an incredibly mineral-rich food with a huge amount of iron, magnesium, phosphorous and lecithin. Vegans and vegetarians will also love that it is one of the top sources for calcium, too. Garlic is also one of the key flavor components here and you can adjust it upward if you like more of a kick.
Whether for a quick snack, a light lunch or a great first course, this dish is a delight.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large thin pita cut into triangles
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish: Parsley & olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
- Wrap eggplant in aluminum foil and roast for 45 minutes until soft to the touch.
- Meanwhile sprinkle pita with thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper; and toast lightly in the oven for 2-5 minutes until golden brown. Watch closely because the pita could burn quickly. Set aside to cool.
- When eggplant is complete, allow to cool, remove top and peel off skin.
- Place lemon juice, tahini, garlic and salt and pepper in blender and blend well. Then add roasted eggplant to the blender with blended ingredients and blend again until smooth. Refrigerate the dip for at least one hour and serve cold with pita chips.