‘Tis the season for lots of yummy bites! The holiday season can make you feel like giving into less healthy food, but it doesn’t have to be that way, far from it! From fantastic finger food to palette pleasing party platters, read on for 12 Healthy Appetizers that are packed with goodness and loaded with flavor!
The holiday season can be packed with parties and family gatherings. These Healthy Appetizers offer up a rainbow of bite sized bounty that’ll be sure to please the crowd. Below you’ll find make-ahead appetizers, delectable dips, healthy finger foods, and loads more.
Tips for making healthy appetizers
- Make veggies the star of the show! Less than a quarter of all adults eat the recommended amount of vegetables, and 18 percent eat enough fruit. Veggies are versatile, inexpensive and perfect to top a whole host of appetizers. Pair up veggies with a wide range of healthy dips, win-win!
- Pick whole grains over refined grains. Whole grains like brown rice and bulgur have their bran intact and therefore have more fiber, B vitamins, magnesium, zinc and other nutrients.
- When it comes to salt, go low…sodium! Dipping sauces like soy sauce can pile on that salt, opt for lower sodium versions.
- Opt for leaner proteins, like fish and chicken when making your apps. You’ll get a satisfying bite with less fat.
Healthy appetizer recipes
These hand held bites are made for party snacking, from protein packed shrimp appetizers to lip smacking veggie nibbles, these apps will keep people satisfied without weighing you down.
What does a party love? Dips, dips, dips! Easy to whip up a big batch and you can load ’em up with all kinds of healthy goodies. Serve with whole wheat pita chips, crackers or crunchy and vibrant veggies to keep things healthy. Read on for some delectable cold and hot dips!
Flatbreads are made for sharing, and you can top these healthy appetizers with all kinds of scrumptious ingredients. Get creative this festive season with some fantastic flatbreads!
Boards and Platters
Platters and boards look gorgeous and create a lovely center piece to a party spread. These healthy appetizers are super versatile, you can mix up all kinds of proteins and veggies for the ultimate wow factor.
More great recipe collections to check out:
- 30 Fall Recipes
- 35 Best Apple Recipes
- 35 Recipes That are Great for Leftovers
- 15 Easy No Bake Desserts
- 16 Easy Pantry Meals
- Healthy Recipes with Canned Beans
If you try any of these Healthy Holiday Appetizers or any other recipe on FeelGoodFoodie, leave me a comment below! I would love to hear about your experience making the recipes. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories!