Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad
Who said salads need lettuce? They don’t! This was earth-shattering for me when I “discovered it” in the first year I learned to cook. Real “earth shattering” information, huh? I love throwing together simple quick salads like this one. There is some chopping required to get everything perfectly bite-sized. But hey, just whip out whatever Netflix show you’re currently binge watching, chop up the heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and avocado and toss them all in the world’s easiest salad dressing made with only olive oil and red wine vinegar. Ok, you’ll also need salt and pepper, but that’s always a given. And just like that…you’ve consumed 10 extra minutes of your latest Netflix affliction (oh wait, you watched more than 10 minutes after you finished chopping, didn’t you?!) and made the best summer salad ever. Now you can enjoy your creation…and continue watching your show because you saved time not having to wash and chop lettuce!
- 2 pints Heirloom medley cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 Persian cucumbers, cut lengthwise then halved
- ½ small red onion, small diced
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk the salad dressing ingredients - olive oil, red wine vinegar, kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper - until well incorporated.
- Add the tomatoes, cucumbers, onion and avocado to the large bowl of dressing.
- Using a small spoon, slowly mix the salad until it is well coated without mashing the avocados.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.