Vegan No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars
You and I both know that there’s nothing like devouring a spoonful of raw cookie dough. The kids want it all and it’s hard to say no when it’s right there in front of you begging to be tried. Well, fret about salmonella no longer friends, check out this Vegan No-Bake Cookie Dough Bars that tastes just like the real deal — but it’s healthier and you don’t have to worry about raw eggs!
What’s the secret? Nutty goodness. Mix together almonds, walnuts and oats into a powder and then mix the sweet and wet ingredients in for a cookie dough extravaganza. Of course you can munch away before the bars are set in the freezer — just don’t forget to drizzle that hot and gooey chocolate sauce on top for pure bliss.
Walnuts and almonds are an excellent source of protein, calcium, and Vitamin E, even in small amounts like what’s called for in this recipe. And coconut oil, which is used in the chocolate sauce, is known to kill bad bacteria in your stomach (which gives the good gut flora a chance to flourish) to aid in digestion and get your gut health back in control.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
For the Cookie Dough
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Dash sea salt
- 1 oz vegan chocolate chunks
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 4 oz semi sweet vegan chocolate
- 1/4 almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a food processor, blend almonds, walnuts & oats until they look like flour
- Add maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon & salt and blend until dough forms.
- Mix in chocolate chunks with a spoon
- Spread into square deep dish lined with parchment paper and freeze for half hour
- While the cookie dough is setting, make the chocolate sauce by heating the chocolate with the almond milk and coconut oil until smooth and consistent
- Cut the dough rectangles & drizzle with chocolate sauce