Tortellini with Dairy-Free Creamy Tomato Sauce
Are you dairy-free? Search no longer for a dinner recipe that will quiet your craving for rich and creamy — without having to break your dairy-free diet. This unique Tortellini with Dairy-Free Creamy Tomato Sauce recipe needs only 3 main ingredients plus pasta. It’s completely dairy-free, but still has an amazing velvety flavor and texture.
Cooking dinner on a weeknight can be crazy I know. That’s why this Tortellini with Dairy-Free Creamy Tomato Sauce is perfect for those hectic nights. You don’t have to prepare anything in advance and everyone loves a good carb filled pasta dish! We need those carbs every once in awhile, right? It’ll take you just 5 minutes to throw everything together and another 15 to cook.
There’s something about the scent of sauteed onions wafting through the air that gets everyone super excited about whatever it is that you’re making. Throw in the squash, oregano and olive oil, puree it, then pour it over piping hot tortellini for a totally delightful creamy tomato pasta dish sans dairy.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 12 oz box of tortellini
- 12 oz package of frozen organic butternut squash
- 1 15 oz can of organic diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions
- In a medium saucepan, sautée onions with olive oil until translucent.
- Add butternut squash, tomatoes, oregano and salt & pepper to the sautéed onions and stir until mixed well.
- Purée the ingredients with a hand mixer or blender and add salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is took thick, you can add some water and simmer for additional few minutes.
- If the sauce has the desired thickness, add the tortellini to the sauce, top with fresh cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese (which is totally optional)