Spicy Black Bean Tomato Avocado Salsa
It’s not Cinco de Mayo without salsa! This Spicy Black Bean Tomato Avocado Salsa is by far my favorite salsa to make.… tangy, sweet and spicy. It’s almost more like a refreshing veggie salad for chips. The salsa is chunky and full of flavor thanks to the cherry tomatoes, onion, beans, avocado, cilantro, cayenne and a dash of brown sugar and olive oil for good measure. Yum! You may not even need the chips if you have a spoon handy. Dive in, it’s that good!
Here’s a Feel Good Fact for you: Cayenne pepper may help burn calories and curb appetite, especially in people who aren’t used to eating it. More reason to eat spicy salsa!
The prep time is akin to brewing a cup of coffee so don’t worry about making this on a busy weekday for an afterschool snack. Just a mental note: if you’re making this the night before you serve it, leave out the avocado so it doesn’t turn colors on you. Add it in right before you call the troops in for a snack!
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 1 can black beans, rinsed & dried
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp red onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half lime
- 1/2 avocado, diced and mixed in before serving
- In a medium bowl, combine the black beans, corn, tomatoes, red pepper, and red onions.
- Season with cilantro, cayenne pepper and brown sugar.
- Drizzle olive oil and juice of half a lime and mix well.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
- When ready to serve, add the avocado and enjoy.
- I served mine with chia corn tortilla chips