Spicy Beef and Potato Stir-fry Over Brown Rice
My poor husband has been transitioning into a predominantly vegetarian lifestyle since we got married, so sometimes I gotta throw him a bone (or beef!)
I went through a phase when I thought I wanted to be a vegetarian but it really only last 6 days, who am I kidding? But I do try to eat more vegetarian meals 4 days a week. This Spicy Beef and Potato Stir-fry Over Brown Rice wasn’t one of them!
Stir-fry’s are great because they are so versatile and incorporate so many fresh ingredients. This Spicy Beef and Potato Stir-fry Over Brown Rice is like your favorite meat and potato dish on hyperdrive. Served with fresh veggies like bell peppers and mushrooms over a bed of rice — the kids will be full and tastebuds will be super satisfied. After all the compliments you get on putting this savory dish together, you’re going to want to add it to your dinner rotation!
Every bite is full of iron, selenium (an antioxidant), potassium, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C — as diverse a nutrient profile as the flavors in the dish! Top off the stir-fry bowl with sun dried tomatoes and parsley for a colorful and picture-worthy meal.
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 6 oz lean beef cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos all-purpose seasoning (or soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sundried tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper
- Dash of ground cloves
- Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- 2 large red potatoes
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 of a whole sweet red pepper, diced
- Parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix the liquid aminos,1 tbsp olive oil, sundried tomatoes, garlic, oregano, ground cloves, salt and pepper.
- Add the lean beef chunks to the sauce and mix well. Cover, and refrigerate to marinate while preparing the remaining ingredients. This can also be done the night before.
- Boil potatoes, peel and chop into cubes.
- Using a wok or large pan, heat 1/2 tsp olive oil, add the beef and the shallots and sear until the meat reaches your desired doneness.
- Add the potatoes, then mushrooms and then the peppers and stir fry and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until everything is well blended.
- Divide the stir-fry into two bowls served over brown rice and garnish with parsley if you desire