Skinny Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Alfredo
“Pasta doesn’t make you fat…how much pasta you eat makes you fat” wonderfully said by Giada De Laurentiis. And really that can be said about any food out there that people are so afraid to eat! But, you won’t be afraid to try this Skinny Chicken & Broccoli Pasta Alfredo once you hear it’s made with lightened up noodles and an lightened up sauce!
I get it, sometimes we just can’t eat pasta though. Sometimes there are ingredients in our favorite foods that our bodies just don’t accept. So for those with gluten sensitivity, gluten-free pasta saves the day. And for those watching their cholesterol or prefer not to consume the yolk in eggs, I recently learned about No-Yolk Noodles, which I absolutely loved! I was worried about the taste and texture, but it’s just like regular noodles. See??
I devoured one of the small bowls of the noodles immediately after shooting the images. And then I though, what would the texture be like if I baked it? So, I threw on the cheese on top of a baking dish for a delicious experiment. I scored my baking experiment how remarks! I mean, c’mon, wouldn’t you?
This recipe was sponsored on my Instagram account by No-Yolks. Thank you for partnering with me to try these delicious noodles! ♡
Try it, Love it, Share it!
- 12 oz No Yolks Egg Noodles, Broad
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow Cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled or pan fried/cut into strips
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella (optional for baking)
- Prepare noodles according to package directions, under cooking by 3 minutes. Drain and reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid. Transfer cooked noodles to an 8x12 baking dish
- Steam broccoli for 3-4 minutes and add to the baking dish with the cooked noodles.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter and cook garlic until fragrant. Whisk in pasta water, cheese wedges, Italian seasoning & nutmeg until well blended. Transfer the sauce to the baking dish.
- Add the cooked chicken to the baking dish and stir all the ingredients gently.
- You can enjoy as is, or if you’d like to bake it, top the baking dish with mozzarella cheese and bake at 350F for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.