Shrimp Avocado Summer Salad
I’m all about the light and fresh flavors for summer, and this Shrimp Avocado Summer Salad is no exception, you guys! It’s so easy to put together, but you want to use high quality jumbo shrimp and beautifully ripe avocados…that’s what sets it apart from just another salad! And the rest is just elements of the dressing with a sprinkling of red onions and cilantro. The mix of the lime juice, cumin and the cilantro give it a Mexican vibe, but the taste is not too potent for picky eaters. The salad is low-carb, high-protein and medium in effort…actually it’s quite possibly my easiest effortless salad…so no excuses!
To make the dressing, I used equal parts of extra virgin olive oil and fresh squeezed lime juice. If you don’t like the taste of cumin, you can totes skip that. If you’re unsure about the taste of cumin, trust your friend FeelGoodFoodie, and throw the cumin in there. Then, just season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle some fresh cilantro, and that’s the dressing magic that brings the whole dish together! We’re down to the last month of summer, and you know this Shrimp Avocado Summer Salad is just want you need to cherish those evenings eating salads al fresco!
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 lb. cooked jumbo frozen shrimp, thawed, drained and patted dry with paper towel
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 red onions, small diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
- In a bowl large enough to hold all the ingredients, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, cumin and salt
- Add the shrimp, avocados and red onions and gently combine with the dressing in the bowl.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro on top and give it another gentle toss.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy immediately or chill in the fridge and enjoy cold